Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Thank You!

Just a quickie to say thank you for all your comforting comments.  Today is turning out to be one of my better days,  and special thanks to Cheesepare for sending me that unexpected gift - it arrived about 15 minutes ago, and just the type of book I love to read.

Got up early this morning and so managed to accomplish several chores before 9.00am, so am on the right side of 'things still to do'.  Am sleeping better and for longer, so maybe that helps - at least today I don't feel so tired.  

This afternoon is the last episode of the series "A Place to Call Home".  Will miss watching it.  I hadn't seen the actor who plays 'George' before, but how he looks now reminds me a lot of King George VI (our Queen's father).  In profile it could be him. 
The young daughter 'Anna' reminds me a lot of me at that age.  Same size (and I was quite slender in those days), same hair, same style of clothes (incl jhodpurs), nearly the same face.  We have a lovely photo of myself and B taken around that time, so will ask Steve to put it on the blog so you can see how much I've changed (and not for the better).
How I wish I could go back to the early 50's and start again (knowing what I know now would make things a lot easier). 

With Christmas Eve tomorrow, and then many days of festivities, I will not be blogging until sometime between Christmas and New Year, or maybe wait until New Year.  Despite my current situation, am quite used to spending this time on my own as it was then that B used to go off sailing on the Tall Ships in the Canaries, for several weeks, taking in Christmas AND New Year, so things won't be so different and for that I'm thankful. 

Looking forward to hearing from you all soon, have a lovely holiday, then noses back to the grindstone again (at least for me - which I will enjoy).   TTFN xxx